All topics not related to another forum.
Moderators: Phil Wright, Chris Porter
I find that the forms could load and resize faster, whenever I profile your app, it seems some code in the krypon form is running slow.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:58 am
Probably it is the custom chrome drawing. If you turn off the custom chrome then see if it speeds up your application.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2720
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:55 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Some results of my investigations:
- Switching off the custom chrome really speed up the resizing (2-3 times faster)
- Application with ribbon loaded slowly if don't contains valid license file. Sample applications from Krypton Toolkit package are loaded in <1sec. But my simple application, containing the trial version of ribbon loaded in 3 sec. (on my celeron laptop). Profiler shows that the delay in the KryptonRibbon.ctor() somewhere around of the IsLicenseValid().
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 pm
Same problem here.
The custom Chrome slows down the Application dramatically.
If it is disabled everything seems fine but the Design is not consistent and broken.
Maybe there is need of an Optimization of the Chrome Drawing Routines ....
To disable chrome for making the Application as fast as other normal Win-Applications cannot be a solution.
Office 2007 Apps are much faster with enabled Chrome than Kryptonized Apps.
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:05 am
- Location: Germany
Return to General Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests