Docking page repaint problem with Aero

Topics related to the Krypton Docking.

Moderators: Phil Wright, Chris Porter

Docking page repaint problem with Aero

Postby Severin Hoffmann » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi,

I designed a UserControl based on OpenGl. This UserControl is enbedded into a docking page. When I resize this docking page using the mouse and the separator, the docking page contents were not refreshed. This problem occurrs only if Aero is enabled and the docking page is not floating.

The attached screenshots show whats happening.

Regards

Severin
paintNoProblem.jpg
Normal view, no resizing
paintNoProblem.jpg (169.35 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
paintproblem.jpg
Refresh problem
paintproblem.jpg (160.12 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Severin Hoffmann

Re: Docking page repaint problem with Aero

Postby Phil Wright » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 am

Does it refesh correctly once you finish the resize? Is it only during the separator being moved that the problems occurs?
Phil Wright
Site Admin

Postby Severin Hoffmann » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Phil,

it refreshes correctly after finishing resizing and it shows the problem only during moving the separator.

Btw, I'm using the Eyeshot Professional Edition, a free trial can be found here : http://www.devdept.com/

Brgds

Severin
Severin Hoffmann

Postby Severin Hoffmann » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 am

Hi Phil,

just to proof if the refresh problem depends on the underlaying docking managment system or on my user control I did tests with Dockpanel Suite (on sourceforge.net). Resizing the docking page with my user control in this docking system works fine, no refresh problems to see.

Of course this problem is not really important to be fixed, but some users of our application may be confused by this problem.

Brgds

Severin
Severin Hoffmann

Postby Phil Wright » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 pm

As you move the separator, the page containing the OpenGL control is not resized and so not asked to be repainted by our docking code. Only when the separator movement is finished will it resize the control and so cause a repaint. Before then our docking code draws and redraws a hash pattern onto the screen that is reversible so it undoes any changes and so does not require constant repaints of the content underneath. I can only assume that technique is not compatible with your OpenGL control.
Phil Wright
Site Admin

Postby Severin Hoffmann » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi Phil,

to find a workaround for my problem I tried to catch the DockspaceSeperatorResize event from the KryptonDockingManager. The event fires, when I was clicking the seperator bar besides and above the docked pages. But when I arrange to document pages so that they are in tabbed order, then the seperator bars between these tabbed documents do not fire a DockspaceSeperatorResize event. I need this event to obscure my control (OpenGL) in the document page with my own code, because these controls are based on OpenGL surfaces and not on standard GDI surfaces and therefor your method to obscure the controls during Splitter bar moving does not work (it works only if Aero is turned off!).

So what can I do to get these events? In addition it would be fine to get an event from KryptonDockingManager, when moving the Splitter bar has finished.

With best regards

Severin
Severin Hoffmann

Return to Krypton Docking