Krypton 4.0 Released

Company news, release and product information.

Moderator: Phil Wright

Krypton 4.0 Released

Postby Phil Wright » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Phil Wright
Site Admin

Re: Krypton 4.0 Released

Postby mikelindsey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi- I just upgraded to 4.0-

First - WOW - thanks for the generous "free upgrade with source" deal.
You made my day and maybe my month!

Question: I re-referenced the 4.0 libraries in my projects but the 3.52 components
are still being displayed in toolbox. How do I get the 4.0 Components to
be displayed in the toolbox?

Thanks Again,
Michael Lindsey
mikelindsey

Postby Phil Wright » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm

You need to remove them manually and add them back again with the correct version of the assemblies. Right click the toolbox and choose customize.
Phil Wright
Site Admin

Postby Xplosiv » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the upgrade, will be doing any-more screen casts? as I think some tutorials for the workspace and docking components maybe worth while, for the following reasons :

1) To help people understand how to use them quickly;y
2) Good advertising tool to show how the component works and can be used (after watching the Toolkit and Ribbon videos i ended buying the ribbon)
3) Would be good to have on your new site anyway

Also where have the Component Factory Icons gone to?

Thanks

Andy
Xplosiv

Postby Phil Wright » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi

The icons have been discontinued due to poor demand. Selling two copies per month was not really worth the effort. I will be creating a whole new set of screen casts based on version 4.0 over the next few weeks. The current ones are well out of date and need replacing.

Regards
Phil.
Phil Wright
Site Admin

Postby octal » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 am

Xplosiv wrote:
Also where have the Component Factory Icons gone to?

Andy

Hello,
I'm the designer of Krypton Icons Set.

First of all, thanks to Phil for having promoted and sold the Krypton Icon set on ComponentFactory website.
I can confirm that he does a great job but the fact is that Icons market is not that active. He had to do a lot of work at managing sells, partnership, and all the backoffice involved in managing financial transactions. A lot of hassle that is not worth all the efforts for him, especially with his very narrow spare time.

Well, the Icons are still available for sale directly on my website. You can still purchase them on http://www.glyphart.com

I'll be providing another set within few weeks. The new set will complete actual set with a lot of regularly used icons in business, office and financial applications.

There is still some hard work to do on the new set, so I cannot give an exact day.

I quickly managed to get my website active to let you access the actual Krypton Icon Set. The new website is also under preparation.

I'll be ready to answer any of your questions. All my contact information are on the website.

:!: There are two things to note:
1- GlyphArt is the property of my own company ASSIST-TECH based in France. So for the payements dont be shocked to see something with another domain name instead of glyphart/dot/com.
2- If you are not confident in this message, you can still ask Phil or maybe Phil will post a confirmation message for this post.

Regards
A.Lazreg

octal

Return to Company News