Creating New User Control

Topics related to the Krypton Docking.

Moderators: Phil Wright, Chris Porter

Creating New User Control

Postby KazMax » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Having run thru the various demo's and inspected the appropriate source code I am trying to create my first application using docking facilities. Unfortunately I'm running into problems as explained below.

Firstly, following the Krypton Suite documentation I am advised to install the following components on a new form:

Form -> Krypton Panel -> Krypton Manager -> Krypton Docking Manager -> Krypton Dockable Workspace

Then add Krypton controls. Unfortunately when the dockable workspace has been placed on the form it won't allow anything else to be placed on the form (it errors).

So I leave off the dockable workspace and drop a Krypton button onto the form - that goes on okay.

If I now run the application, when it hits either kryptonDockingManager.AddToWorkspace() or AddDockSpace() calls it throw an error "Path does not resolve to a Krypton docking control".

I have cut and pasted the various bits of code from the standard docking demo and it still does this, so something seems to be missing.

Andrew
KazMax

Re: Creating New User Control

Postby KazMax » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:01 pm

All sorted.

I had forgotten to put the workspace preparation code into the form load event, so of course the dockable features weren't made ready.

Andrew
KazMax

Return to Krypton Docking